At Mesh Studio, we help companies create incredible products. From design, to product management, to building and shipping the actual software, we work with our customers across all phases of product development. We are a group of talented engineers and product designers who are now looking to scale sales. We have had success working with companies of all sizes - from startups, to members of the Fortune 500.
What You Will Do
As our first business development manager, you will help us grow the company through sourcing and closing new opportunities. We will expect you to create new business for the company through creative outreach and dogged persistence. You will help ensure our growth goals are being met and serve as a brand evangelist at conferences and other events in the process.
What You Will Accomplish
- Build a pipeline of 8 qualified sales opportunities per month on a consistent basis
- Identify ways improve our sales process and messaging
- Create the foundation necessary to scale the sales team
How You Will Succeed
- Identify target accounts, conduct outreach through several channels (phone, email, social, etc.), disqualify fast, and fill the pipeline with quality opportunities.
- Qualify inbound leads
- Guide qualified leads through our business development process, which includes attending meetings, presenting capabilities, developing proposals, and maintaining communications with prospective partners
- Collaborate with key internal team members on new business opportunities
- Assess, qualify, and lead the effort to respond to written RFPs
Your Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of sales development or sales experience
- Self-starter who kicks down doors that are in the way
- Able to work proactively and independently, multitask, and work under tight deadlines
- Experience and comfort with presenting to external and internal groups
- Ability to travel approximately 15%
- Proven ability in business writing
- Passion for digital products, digital trends, and being a key part of a growing business
Additional Qualifications You Might Have:
- Experience in a digital agency environment as well as a fundamental understanding of how an agency operates is a nice to have
- Experienced in project management and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with frequently shifting priorities
- Ability to think strategically and put together an executable project plan, including budgets and financial considerations
- Proficient in creating well-designed keynote or powerpoint presentations
- You have read the book Sales Development by Cory Bray and Hilmon Sorey
Our Benefits and Rewards:
Impactful work and collaborating with an inspiring group of people is what gets us excited to come to work every day. But we know there is more to life than our craft:
- We provide full medical coverage, and offer dental, and vision insurance plans.
- We have a flexible vacation policy: take what you need, as long as it works for your team and your responsibilities; plus paid sick time and paid holidays.
- We have creature comforts like snacks and coffee, and actual creatures thanks to our dog-friendly office.
- Our office is located in the heart of Fremont (Seattle, WA). You’ll enjoy the neighborhood with the office as we are always finding new places to eat or hang-out at as a team.
- Work with a incredibly smart, driven, and product focused team.
About Mesh Studio
Founded by 2 YC Fellowship alumni, we are a product focused company that helps brands realize incredible products. Based in Seattle, our recent partners have included startups all the way up to Fortune 500 companies. We’re a team of makers and breakers helping our partners solve their greatest challenges, and we’re constantly looking for talented people to help us grow.